Tuesday 12 October 2010

Tuesday Goodness

Fiona, Rosi and Nick in the kitchen
Today I ate my body weight in chicken, gravy and potatoes. I stuffed my first chicken roasted it and then carved it to perfection. The kitchen smelt wonderful today. Besides the chicken I made cranberry sauce and oatmeal biscuits. The cranberry sauce was so easy to make. A couple table spoons of water and a load of cranberries. Once that boils then simmers add the sugar and you have the best tasting cranberry sauce ever.

Carving the chicken was a feat. First the thigh and leg including the oyster piece :) then onto the wing and then the breast. Every plate needs a little white meat with a little brown meat. I also made stuffing...which was amazing. Bread crumbs, 4 kinds of herbs and butter....so easy and so delicious. I think once people learn how to do some of these things they will never go back to stove top! :)

Roast Chicken
Demo was great. Rory was back and is a favorite! We had some Mexican and Thai dishes today along with four kinds of cakes that were to die for. Orange, lemon curd, chocolate and coffee. I was on wash up duty afterwards and actually enjoy the banter in the kitchen afterwards. I fed the hens who were all waiting for me and then headed back to my cottage for the evening.

I went for a run and ran the fastest and longest in my life. Is that sad? It started off as a walk and then it progressed to a run. I was very pleased with myself and celebrated by cleaning the kitchen in the cottage. Sad but I like to relax in cleanliness.

Presentation
Tomorrow I'll be making coffee cake and a Thai noodle soup. Thursday we have this extravagant field trip. I'm really looking forward to it. We rented a bus and will be moving all around Cork. Farmers markets, cheese factories, restaurants... etc. Rory is our guide so it makes it even more exciting.

Off to do my order of work and a bit of filing. I'm going to try and fit in some white yeast bread tomorrow, i don't know how long or how much of a pain its going to be... so i have to work it out.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment