Saturday 9 October 2010

Friday

Friday I filleted and baked a beautiful Haddock. I first made a cheese sauce and whipped up some mashed potatoes. Once filleted, I seasoned the fish and spread some of the cheese sauces on top sprinkled with breadcrumbs. I piped some mash around it and popped it in the oven for 20 minutes. It was so easy and it really tasted yummy. I feel like I say that a lot. Simple and delicious! :-)

We had alot of pate which I passed on. If you knew how much butter went into that you'd struggle to eat it too.

Demo was entertaining. We learned all you could about omelets. Ones with layers ones with stuffing and simple 5 second creations. I'm not a big egg fan but it was alright... after all it was Rory cooking them.

Friday night was girls night out. A bunch of us dressed up and headed out for a charity fashion show. We had a ball. Then we headed to the Black Bird. The 'place to be' :) I ended up home early watching Glee :) Typical. This morning I made crepes for breakfast/lunch and spent some time with some out of towners.

Next week I have a new cooking partner and we are going to be learning about different types of game. We have a special field trip as well which should be fun.

I'm so glad its the weekend. Its so nice to sleep in, catch up on filing and relax. I'm going to soak it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment