Wednesday 13 October 2010

Cake and Icing

Me and my cake
Today I made an amazing coffee cake. I was getting nervous closer to the end of the morning when my cake wasn't iced and I had soup to finish. I stuck my cake halves together with an amazing coffee butter cream icing (butter, coffee essence and icing sugar) and topped with a coffee icing. YUM I decorated it with toasted hazelnuts and coffee beans. I thought it was fabulous :) It was a little lopsided but in my defense my mind was occupied with a pot of burning noodles... :)

Rosi in my kitchen made an amazing mango chicken salad. It was so delicious that I went up for seconds and thirds and I think fourths. My partner was frying up prawn crackers which I ate about 20 before they hit the table. Its hard to contain myself before lunch.

In demo we had Rachel teach and I loved her. She was so bubbly and funny. I don't even remember what she was making because I was just being entertained by her.... but okay now that i think about it... she made a pork/bacon steak with a cabbage salad and a Culahill apple and blueberry pie. Special shout out to my Culahill family! I was secretly excited that i'd been there and knew that pub she was talking about!

Tomorrow is field trip day. We are meeting at 8am and traveling all over Cork. I'm really excited for some reason. We are going to a massive farmers market in Cork which is supposed to be fantastic. I'll take some photos and post them tomorrow.

Its late and i need to get to bed... so good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment