Monday 4 October 2010

I'm loosing track of days...

Shane chopped his finger while chopping parsley

Monday mornings are hard no matter where you are or what you are doing. This morning we were all in slow mo.... so much so we had one girl in the hospital getting stitches and my roommate banned from cooking for the next couple days with his finger all bandaged up.

Today we had a massive lamb roast. I made the turnips and starter salad with beet root. My kitchen looked like a beet root massacre. I've never cooked or eaten beetroot before. It tastes like soil and i promise its not just my cooking :) My partner roasted the lamb glazed carrots and made grape jelly. Lunch was massive and so delicious. We actually finished on time today and we all had a chance to go back home and relax for a little bit before our demo.



Demo was amazing. We were taught to make chutney, moussaka, prawns, proper shepard's pie and something with lamb neck in it. Did you know a shepard's pie is made from lamb and a cottage pie is made from beef? The chutney was amazing and the moussaka was interesting.

Tomorrow i'll be making the chutney, prawns and french beans.

Tonight we are all relaxing. We had home made pizzas for dinner and now we are settling into some television. I think I will be in bed early tonight.

I'll try to update some more pictures later...

No comments:

Post a Comment